Tuesday 10 July 2012

Sewing machine catastrophe and new doll

Hi all, I'm so sorry I havn't blogged for some time again, I've had several flare ups of the old fibro, and a bout of flu/flare up that ended with a chest infection, and then I had to catch up on sewing for the shop, as I have had several orders these past three months, (certainly not complaining about that, but orders means making more as I am a one woman business, with a part time nursing job as well) so as you can imagine after my set back things got rather hectic round here,and then - just when things were going well again- disaster struck!
My trusty Toyota decided to play up on me and the stitch selector dial broke! it just split inside and the fancy stitch I use for my overlock would not be selected no matter how hard I tried to turn it, there was just no bite on it.
So after some cursing I decided to do a quick put me up job on it and got out my trusty plyers to try to turn the dial to the overlock stitch I use and then at least I could use it for overlocking the seams, after several turns and stitch tryouts I managed to find the overlock stitch.  I then got out my old janome for the straight stitch and I was up and working again.

Oh dear! what a crowded table I had for a while , please excuse the garden strimmer/son's bike/disinfectant bottle in the background ! don't know why the disinfectant bottle was there! I live such an organised life  ;)
Well thankfully I managed to find a new dial on the internet and I was very impressed to receive it just two days after ordering!
Wonderful, all fixed and ready to operate again with only a little set back time wasted. (the episode with the plyers)
I decided to make another Rag doll for the shop, but wanted a more cute, more quirky and more up to date style. So I experimented with a bigger head, more colourful hair , and a simpler dress, but still colourful.-- So this is what I came up with.
Here she is waiting to be added to the shop. I do hope someone will like her!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Ta for visiting me. My blog has been a bit lonely recently.
    Your new dolly is lovely. Her dress is gorgeous and her face is very cute.
    Your table is just like mine! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment today, it is so nice to hear from you!